Contact the Hymn Society of Great Britain and Ireland
The Hymn Society of Great Britain and Ireland
– Legal Changes to the Handling of Personal Data
You may already have heard that Data Protection laws within the UK will change in May 2018 when the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) becomes part of the legal basis for handling personal data. As a result, The Hymn Society is required to obtain your permission (“consent”) to keep and process some of the details we hold about you as a member.
- This consent applies mostly to data you have already supplied to us.
- If you do not provide consent as explained here, we will delete this data, to meet our legal obligations to you.
- This consent does not apply to your name and address. We need those to fulfil our obligations to you as a member of the Society (for example, sending you the Bulletin and other mailings) so “consent” does not apply in that case.
- This consent applies to all individual members of The Hymn Society, including those who live outside the EU. It does not apply to institutional members (e.g. libraries).
Please supply your consent no later than 16 May 2018. You can do this:
- either by printing out this PDF form and sending it to the Secretary, Revd Robert A. Canham, Windrush, Braithwaite, Keswick CA12 5SZ;
- or by filling in the “Consent Form” below.
The website also contains our Data Policy and our Privacy Notices where you can find further details of how we handle your data and of your legal rights under the new legislation.
If you wish to change any of the consent details you provide to us, you may do this at any time, either by contacting the Secretary (as above) or by using the form below.
Please enter your name and the date in the boxes at the top of this form and tick either “Consent” or “Do not consent” on each other row. You do not need to provide details of name, address, telephone number and email on this form since this Consent Form relates to data already held by The Hymn Society.
Subject Access Request
In the first instance, please see our Data Policy for the types of information we hold on members or those who attend our Conferences. If you have an enquiry regarding the personally identifiable data the Hymn Society of Great Britain and Ireland hold on you, please fill in the form below.